The I Was Here Scratch-Off World Map 2.0 combines two things that everybody loves: travel and winning the lottery. Designed by Art. Lebedev Studio in Russia, this wall-sized scratch-off map allows you to scratch off the locations you’ve visited, revealing the colorful background below.
This updated and corrected second edition embodies the studio’s philosophy: “The only principle we follow is just two words: No nonsense.” As to the map’s purpose, it’s a “tourist’s personal diary that makes every trip unforgettable,” write the designers.
Scratch card technology was invented in 1974 in the US, and the first patent for scratch card lottery tickets was granted in 1987. The map by Art. Lebedev is in Russian; a similar English version can be bought here.
Before traveling around the world:
After traveling around the world:
Source: Bored Panda
Buy Scratch Off World Maps:
- 11-Year-Old Boy With Autism Draws Detailed World Map Entirely From Memory
- This Artist Draws Incredible Portraits on Maps
- Maps You Never Would Have Seen in School
- The TRUE Size Of Africa - An Erroneous Map Misled Us For 500 Years!
- This Man Has Been Colouring In The Countries He Has Visited On His Back